Most internal and external students transition into LS6 with a clear specialism in either Sport or Performing Arts. Students can study vocational BTECs, academic A Levels or even a combination of both – all entirely dependent on their own career pathways.
PATHWAY 1 – Specialism Only
3 A-level equivalent BTEC course in either Performing Arts or Sport
This pathway is suitable for those students who wish to study and train purely for their specialism.
PATHWAY 2- Specialism with A-level(s)
BTEC course in either Performing Arts or Sport + 1 or 2 A-levels
This pathway is suitable for those students who wish to study and train for a dual career.
It may be possible for academically able students to complete the BTEC Extended Diploma and 1 or 2 A-levels meaning a total of 4 or 5 A-levels at the end of the two years at LS6. This is at the discretion of Specialism Leads and Vice Principal.
PATHWAY 3 – Non-Specialism
This pathway is suitable for those students who wish to study for an academic route.
- Successful performance assessment/interview
- Minimum L5 in GCSE English and P.E (or Level 2 BTEC Sport Merit)
- Minimum L4 in GCSE Maths and Science
- Successful audition/interview
- Minimum L5 in GCSE English and a Performing Arts subject if studied; Dance, Drama or Music (or Level 2 BTEC Merit+)
- Minimum L4 in GCSE Maths
- Successful interview, where appropriate
- A-level subjects usually require a L6 in the same subject (or equivalent) at GCSE level. Some A-levels may carry additional entry requirements. These can be found on the A-levels pages. Unless higher is required, you must achieve at least a L4+ in English and Maths.
If you don’t receive the entry requirements, we will always have discussions surrounding your application.