Careers Lead & Work Experience Manager: Mr E Olson
Work Experience Support: Mrs S Wain
Careers Support: Mrs K Speed
You can contact any of our Careers and Work Experience staff by click their name above or by calling 01202 578886.
Our Careers policy and Provider Access Policy can be found by clicking here
You can find up to date information on Careers events and opportunities by following us on our social media platforms.
As a LeAF Studio student you are provided with the opportunity to attend our very popular Careers Opportunities, including the Move It Performing Arts Convention in London and Sports Specialism careers events. At these events, you will have the opportunity to meet with further and higher education providers and employers to broaden your horizons and learn how you can progress in your chosen career pathway.
As part of the Ambitions Academies Trust, LeAF Studio students have access to further Careers Fayres provided by our Trust Secondary Schools. These careers fayres will support those students who realise that a specialism career is no longer for them.
In Years 9 and 10 through our Professional Development curriculum, you are able to research careers pathways both in your chosen specialism and beyond using the National Careers Service Job Profiles. You will develop an understanding of the entry requirements and skills required to begin a career in a range of different options.
In Year 10 and 12 you will be offered the opportunity to take part in work experience in order to gain direct first-hand experience of the world of work.
From Year 9 to Year 13 you can expect …
- access to a planned programme relevant to your year group
- access to a qualified impartial and independent careers adviser for personalised advice and
- help to recognise your likes, dislikes, influences, strengths and preferences in relation to career
- information about the world of work and how the labour market is changing
- information about further and higher education, training and apprenticeships and employment
- to take part in activities which challenge stereotyping and raise your aspirations
- to develop skills and qualities to improve your employability
- to develop enterprise skills
- to be well prepared for different transitions
help to develop financial capability skills
- to develop and strengthen your personal presentation skills for selection processes
- sign posting to relevant up-to-date and impartial sources of careers information and advice
Transitioning after Year 11
Transitioning after Post 16
During Year 13 you will have access to 1:1 support and group sessions that focus on the UCAS and application process for universities and vocational college. Your Specialism Lead will support you every step of the way in securing places at your chosen institutions.
Should your career path change throughout your time at LeAF, our dedicated Careers Advisors will support you with your next steps.
Choosing the right career
LeAF Studio Specialism Careers